What are the benefits of Permanent Eyeliner?
Love the look of liner but hate having to apply in everyday? Permanent Eyeliner is just the solution you are looking for.
It can be frustrating trying to draw your liner on perfect daily, or combat the smudging that can happen during the day. AMB offers several styles of eyeliner to suit every taste and eye shape.
We can make your lash line appear darker and thicker with a lash enhancement or give the eyes a more youthful look with a small wedged wing. Full out glam is also an option with a Winged Liner (top and bottom).
Each liner is individually drawn and shaped perfectly to the client’s natural eye shape.
It is ideal for people who have excessively watery eyes or who wear contact lenses.
No, a separate appointment for consultation is usually not necessary. I always send out a list of preliminary questions to my prospective clients and if you answer those questions with the desired answers a consultation is not necessary. I will however always require a consultation if you have previous permanent make up done on the area you are inquiring about.
You definitely can go out immediately after your permanent make up procedure. I usually tell my clients that they get as a red or swollen as they do when they get waxing for eyebrows, eyeliner can get a bit swollen because that tissue is very delicate and the lips can get a bit swollen as well. Most swelling goes down within 24 hours of the procedure.
I prefer to have your brows in their natural state so I can see the exact color and hair growth pattern before your permanent make up procedure.
Yes, there are several things that need to be done before and after your permanent make up procedures. All of these will be detailed out in the paperwork that will be emailed to you when you make your appointment.
There are several factors that determine if you are a good candidate for permanent make up. When you inquire about the service you will get a detailed list of questions to answer to determine which procedure is right for you.
The length of time depends on the service chosen. Appointments run between 1 1/2 hours to 2 1/2 hours.
I use a pre-numbing cream before the procedure and a numbing gel once the skin is opened. I try my best to work back-and-forth so that no one spot gets too much work done at a time. I do my absolute best to keep you as comfortable as possible. Most clients report little to no pain.
Prior to your semi-permanent cosmetic enhancement think about the look that you would like to achieve. Cosmetic enhancements normally require multiple applications sessions. To achieve the best results you will be required to return for at least one additional enhancement 6 weeks after the initial application.
Be prepared for the color intensity to be significantly sharper and darker immediately after the procedure. This will subside and become softer as the skin heals. This process can take up to 14 days.
– If you experience keloids on any part of your body this procedure is not recommended.
– Tell your technician if you are allergic to any numbing agents such as Lidocaine.
– Tell your technician if you have ANY MEDICAL ISSUES….the list would be too long to write out…..so PLEASE tell your tech about ANY MEDICAL ISSUES, including, but not limited to: Glaucoma, Hypothyroidism, Chrone’s Disease, Lupus, ANY Autoimmune Disease or any other issue that is medical and can affect the outcome and safety of the procedure.
– Do not sun tan 2 weeks prior to appointment.
– Do not take Aspirin or Ibuprofen 2 days prior to or after your procedure. Tylenol is safe to take if needed.
– Do not discontinue any medication before consulting your doctor.
– Keep alcohol intake to a minimum 2 days prior to and after your procedure.
– Do not consume caffeine before your appointment.
– Do not use Retin A or anti-aging skincare products close to the enhancement site 1 week prior to or after your procedure.
– Do not use AHA skincare products close to the enhancement area 2 weeks prior to or after your procedure.
– You must be off Accutane one year prior to getting the procedure done.
– As with electrolysis the National Blood Service does not accept donations of blood for 1 year after a cosmetic enhancement.
After your procedure…
The area treated may show redness and swelling and the color may look darker and more intense than desired – this is very normal. Additional treatments cannot be undertaken until the area has completely healed and that time frame is at the discretion of the technician.
A 30-60 day healing time is required before any further work can be done.
No strenuous activity for 7 days.
In order to let your brows heal well avoid water on the brow area, makeup on the brow area, a sauna or swimming pool for 14 days. Once the area has completely healed (approximately two weeks) you may consider wearing sunblock on the treated area to reduce color fading due to the sun.
Strong chemicals, Glycolic Acids or peels of any kind may cause lightening of the pigments.
Always call and check with your technician if in any doubt prior to usage of these skin products or procedures. DO NOT PICK OR PULL at the treated area as it will result in pigment loss or scarring.
You will go through 3 Healing Phases: 1-heal, 2-peel, 3-fade
You may notice whiteness or blanching around the area – this is quite normal and will subside with in 12 hours and is due to the Lidocaine.
Day One (Day of treatment):
Wait 2 hours and let the wounds weep lymph. After 2 hours you must wipe off the lymph with a moistened cotton pad, then apply a thin layer of After Inked with
a cotton swab or a clean finger. Wipe the brows with the moistened cotton pad every 1-2 hours, wash gently with Dial Antibacterial soap, then apply a thin layer of After Inked the last time. This will ensure your brows won’t scab. Don’t saturate the cotton pad with too much water. Too much After Inked will cause the pigment to scab. Wash your hands with a disinfectant soap before applying the post-care cream.
Repeat the washing of the brows 2 to 3 times a day. Followed by a thin layer of After Inked.
**If you have oily skin-Only apply After Inked 2 times a day.
The following must be avoided during all nine days post procedure:
– Increased sweating. It is recommended not to sweat (heavily) for the first 10 days after the procedure. Sweat is salt and can prematurely fade the treated area.
– Practicing sports
– Hot sauna, hot bath, or Jacuzzi
– Sun tanning or salon tanning. Absolutely No Sun, sweating, or tanning prior to the procedure or after the procedure for 10 days. Do not have a tan/sunburn on your face prior to your procedure. The tan will exfoliate taking color with it as it fades.
– Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic Acid on the face or neck.
– Picking, peeling, or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment.
– Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris.
– Spicy foods
– Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds.
– Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles.
– Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab.
Before showering apply a layer of post-care cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from the showerhead.
Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post-microblading procedure. However, experience has shown that by following these after-care instructions, these symptoms may quickly disappear.
The healing of deeper wounds might last between 14-21 days. Touch-ups and/or correction of the shape-design is recommended only after this period.
DO NOT dye, wax, tweeze, sugar, or get electrolysis in the tattooed area for two weeks after the procedure. You may tweeze around it.
After the color heals you may apply brow powder if desire.
– Giving Blood – The Red Cross has suggested that you do not give blood for 6 months following your procedure.
– MRI Scans – This procedure shows up as and artifact on these scans. Some clients may experience a tingling sensation. Please notify your radiologist.
– Injectables – Dermal fillers and Botox can alter the shape of the eyebrows. The client should be advised that injectables should be carried out after a permanent makeup procedure and not prior to.
– Laser/Pulsed Light – Laser or pulsed light hair removal or skin rejuvenation can cause color change. It is important to advise the technician that you have had the permanent makeup procedure as this cannot be rectified with another permanent makeup procedure.